Big Game Sunday is right around the corner and whether you are hosting a party or heading out to a friend’s house, a party isn’t complete without some delicious snacks! Here are some easy recipes that will surely leave guests happy, even if their team is losing.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 3/4 cup of buffalo wing sauce (more or less depending on how spicy you would prefer the dip to be)
- 3/4 cup of blue cheese dressing
- 1 1/2 cups of 3 assorted cheeses (Monterey jack, cheddar, and mozzarella work well)
Place ingredients all together in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high in one minute increments, mixing in between each one, until dip is heated through and creamy. Keep in a crock pot on low heat to keep warm. Tastes great with celery and tortilla chips.
- 2 cans of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil (plus extra to drizzle over finished product)
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley leaves, plus extra for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a blender, except for parsley and paprika (for garnish). Blend on low speed until mixture is smooth and creamy. Add olive oil if mixture becomes dry. Scrape hummus onto plate, garnish with parsley leaves, paprika and drizzle olive oil on top. Serve with pita chips, celery or carrots.
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of Adobo spices
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
Place zucchini between paper towels to remove any excess liquid. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Heat a large pan over medium heat and spray with Pam. Spoon zucchini batter into 2 inch patties onto pan and cook for about 1 1/2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. To finish patties, place them on a baking sheet and in the oven for 1-2 minutes to form a crust. Serve alone or with ranch dipping sauce.
(Healthy!) Sweet Potato Skins
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 minced shallot
- 1 bag of fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup of light sour cream
- 2 ounces of light cream cheese
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Bake sweet potatoes at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes, or until a fork can be inserted easily into them. Cut them in half and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Saute the shallots with butter over medium heat. Add spinach and heat for 2-3 minutes. Set aside. Scrape sweet potatoes from peels but leave a thin layer inside with the peel so that it can stand up on its own. Mash the sweet potato with cream cheese and sour cream. Stir in garbanzo beans, spinach, shallots and add salt and pepper. Coat potato skins with olive oil and bake for about 5 minutes to make them crispy. Remove from oven, fill each skin with sweet potato mixture, and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake again for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Cut these into quarters for perfectly sized appetizers!
To make the guacamole, you’ll need:
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 glove of garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 6 slices of crusty white bread
- 6 slices of cheddar cheese
- Butter for spreading on bread
To make the guacamole, cut the avocados in half. Remove seed, scoop out avocado from peel, put in large bowl and using a large fork, mash the avocado. Add onion, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Stir until mixed well. Add chopped tomato and stir. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add desired amount of guacamole to both slices of bread, top with cheddar cheese, and spread butter on outside of both slices. Grill on each side for about 2 minutes or until golden and crispy. Serve warm.