Oscar Odds And Predictions 2013: Who Will Win The Major Academy Awards?
Who will be the big winners at the Academy Awards? According to online oddsmakers, here are the odds for the top three contenders, including the favorite, in each category:
Best Picture: Lincoln
Lincoln is the favorite by far, with Argo and Les Miserables odds far smaller.
- Lincoln: 3/10
- Argo: 4/1
- Les Miserables: 9/1
Best Director: Steven Spielberg
Like the Best Picture, Best Director is expected to go to the man at its helm, Steven Spielberg.
- Steven Spielberg, Lincoln: 1/5
- Ang Lee, Life of Pi: 6/1
- Michael Hanekee, Amour: 10/1
Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis
Notice a trend here? The voting isn’t in yet, but oddsmakers are clearly thinking Lincoln is the one to beat.
- Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln: 1/14
- Hugh Jackman, Les Miserables: 9/1
- Denzel Washington, Flight: 20/1
Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence
Another race that isn’t even close at this point, with Jennifer Lawrence the easy favorite.
- Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook: 4/7
- Jessica Chastain, Zero Dark Thirty: 7/4
- Emannuelle Riva, Amour: 10/1
Best Supporting Actor: Tommy Lee Jones
This seems to be the closest race. Oddsmakers give the edge to Tommy Lee Jones, but just barely. Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Christoph Waltz are close behind.
- Tommy Lee Jones, Lincoln: 4/5
- Phillip Seymour Hoffman, The Master: 2/3
- Christoph Waltz, Django Unchained: 2/9
Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway
Anne Hathaway is the favorite. She also won Best Supporting Actress at the Golden Globes.
- Anne Hathaway, Les Miserables: 1/15
- Sally Field, Lincoln: 12/1
- Helen Hunt, The Sessions: 16/1