Who will be the big winners at the Academy Awards? According to online oddsmakers, here are the odds for the top three contenders, including the favorite, in each category:
Best Picture: Lincoln
Lincoln is the favorite by far, with Argo and Les Miserables odds far smaller.
- Lincoln: 3/10
- Argo: 4/1
- Les Miserables: 9/1
Best Director: Steven Spielberg
Like the Best Picture, Best Director is expected to go to the man at its helm, Steven Spielberg.
- Steven Spielberg, Lincoln: 1/5
- Ang Lee, Life of Pi: 6/1
- Michael Hanekee, Amour: 10/1
Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis
Notice a trend here? The voting isn’t in yet, but oddsmakers are clearly thinking Lincoln is the one to beat.
- Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln: 1/14
- Hugh Jackman, Les Miserables: 9/1
- Denzel Washington, Flight: 20/1
Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence
Another race that isn’t even close at this point, with Jennifer Lawrence the easy favorite.
- Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook: 4/7
- Jessica Chastain, Zero Dark Thirty: 7/4
- Emannuelle Riva, Amour: 10/1
Best Supporting Actor: Tommy Lee Jones
This seems to be the closest race. Oddsmakers give the edge to Tommy Lee Jones, but just barely. Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Christoph Waltz are close behind.
- Tommy Lee Jones, Lincoln: 4/5
- Phillip Seymour Hoffman, The Master: 2/3
- Christoph Waltz, Django Unchained: 2/9
Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway
Anne Hathaway is the favorite. She also won Best Supporting Actress at the Golden Globes.
- Anne Hathaway, Les Miserables: 1/15
- Sally Field, Lincoln: 12/1
- Helen Hunt, The Sessions: 16/1