Some Things You Do/Say That You Swore You Would Never Do
At some point, we’ve all seen our parents do something and thought, “I will NEVER do that to my kids when I’m a parent.” So….here are the top eight things people say their parents did, but they’ll never do to their own kids . . .
1. Call their kids names or tell them they’re stupid.
2. Avoid talking about sex. Even if it’s uncomfortable, you’ve gotta have that talk.
3. Act closed-minded about race, religion, music, or hobbies.
4. Get angry over insignificant things.
5. Make hypocritical decisions.
6. Show favoritism toward one kid over the others.
7. Use “Because I said so” as a justification.
8. Use hitting as a form of punishment.