When you’re dating the wrong person, the signs are usually pretty obvious, but some people get so wrapped up in the relationship that they don’t notice the red flags. Here are five of the most obvious ones to look out for, according to eHarmony:
1. You Don’t Feel Like You Can Be Yourself. If you’ve been together for a few months and you still don’t feel like you can relax around them, then they’re probably not the one.
2. They Make You Feel Emotionally Exhausted. In general, the person you’re with should relieve stress, not stress you out. And being together shouldn’t feel like “work.”
3. You Don’t Want Them to Meet Your Friends. It’s usually because you either know your friends won’t like them, or you know your friends won’t like the way you act when you’re with them. And everyone knows that if your friends don’t like the person you’re dating, you pretty much have to break it off.
4. You Don’t Have Much in Common. It’s true that opposites sometimes attract. But that doesn’t mean opposites make a good couple. If you don’t share any interests, you’re pretty much doomed.
5. You’re More Insecure Than You Used To Be. You’ll always have certain insecurities. But if you’re with the right person, you should start feeling more secure. If you don’t, then they might be bringing down your confidence. Obviously don’t break up with them if it’s not their fault though. If you’re insecure because you gained a little weight, then breaking up with them won’t do any good. Unless they tell you you’re getting fat. In that case, dump them.