1. Paint your walls blue, green, or gray. Those colors are more soothing to your eyes and should help you sleep better.
2. Keep the decorations to a minimum. Having too many picture frames and other crap on the wall can look cluttered and subconsciously stress you out.
3. Hang a mirror on the wall opposite a window. It’ll reflect the outdoors, and create the illusion of extra space and natural light.
4. Switch to warm, yellow bulbs. Bright white or florescent bulbs make it more difficult to relax.
5. Get a bed with enough room. If you’re in a relationship, you should have at least a queen bed, which gives each of you 30 inches of space when you sleep.
6. Sleep in natural fiber bed sheets. Egyptian cotton and bamboo sheets are some of the best because they help keep you cool and dry.
7. Set your thermostat for 65 degrees. According to experts, 60 to 67 degrees is the ideal temperature for sleep.