It’s not exactly breaking news to say that men today aren’t as MANLY as their fathers and grandfathers. But how about some stats to prove it anyway?
A new survey asked guys in their 20s and 60s about different “manly” skills. And here are the ones that are going extinct . . .
1. Shining your shoes. Older men are 38% more likely to know how to do that.
2. Fixing a leaky faucet, 35%.
3. Changing the oil in your car, 19%.
4. Changing a diaper, 18%.
5. Filleting a fish, 15%.
6. Growing and maintaining a nice beard, 12%.
7. Throwing or hitting a curveball, 6%.
There ARE two skills where younger men had an edge. Young guys are 11% more likely to know how to cut their own hair . . . and 2% more likely to be able to make fire without matches. That surprises me. Did anyone tell them lighters don’t count?